Do Something! Make a difference in your world and life.
Volunteer @ Your Library
Are you looking for an interesting place to earn volunteer hours? Do you want a behind the scenes look at the library and how it works? Are you willing to work hard and have the ability to follow directions? We are looking for you to volunteer at Ida Rupp Public Library.
Teen volunteers are needed to work after school doing a variety of tasks around the library such as shelving books, straightening shelves, helping with preparation for story times and summer reading, working with kids at elementary age programs, and more.
If you are interested, please fill out an application and attend an orientation meeting on your first day that you volunteer.
You must have completed 6th grade in order to volunteer. Please contact Mrs. Magrum at to arrange a date and time for your orientation.
Teen Advisory Board
Be a part of making our teen programs and services the very best they can be!
Help us best serve the needs of Port Clinton, Danbury, and Ottawa County teens
• Write reviews of young adult books
• Help plan our summer reading activities
• Help spread the word about teen services
• Provide ideas for web links and content for the teen page and more...
• Have a say in teen library services
• Serve your peers and the community
• Meet new friends
• Use this volunteer experience to enhance your job, scholarship or college applications
• Age 13 and up
• Enjoy working with others in a team setting